Tuesday, October 14, 2014

FOX TAIL PATTERN (A Tail for Your Fox Bottom)

The fox critter hats are ever so popular.  I really do think they’re the cutest things!  My favorite pattern to use is by Theresa Grant.  You can find it here.

But, I like things in sets.  If there’s a top, there must be a bottom, right?  So, I decided to add some shorts from my favorite go-to pattern by  Veronica’s crochet.  You can find that pattern here.

However, every good fox needs and even better tail.  I looked and looked and looked for one and was unsuccessful.  So, what do you know, I made up my own.


Fox Tail Pattern

Materials Needed:

2 Colors of Yarn (I used Hobby Lobby's I Love This Yarn in Burnt Pumpkin and White)
Size H (5.0mm) crochet hook
Yarn Needle




Instructions

This tail is worked in the round without joining.  Use a stitch marker if you need to.

With WHITE yarn, chain 2.

HDC 6 in first chain.

One HDC in each HDC (Repeat 2 times more) – (3 rows, 6 stitches per row)

*2 HDC in next stitch,  1 in the next*, repeat around (9 stitches)

One HDC in each HDC (9 stitches)

*2 HDC in next stitch, 1 in next 2*, repeat around (12 stitches)

One HDC in each HDC (12 stitches)

*2 HDC in next stitch, 1 in next 3*, repeat around (15 stitches)

One HDC in each HDC (15 stitches)

Join to first HDC.  Fasten off.  Weave in end.

CHANGE to BURNT PUMPKIN color!

Join new color in first stitch.

*2 HDC in next stitch, 1 in next 4*, repeat around (18 stitches)

One HDC in each HDC (18 stitches)

*2 HDC in next stitch, 1 in next 5*, repeat around (21 stitches)

One HDC in each HDC (21 stitches) – repeat for a total of 10 times (10 rows, 21 stitches per row)

*HDC2TOG, 1 in next 5*, repeat around (18 stitches)

*HDC2TOG, 1 in next 4*, repeat around (15 stitches)

Fasten off, leaving long enough tail to sew onto your preferred bottoms.

Enjoy this!  Of course, feel free to contact me should you have any questions.


7 comments:

  1. Hi there! Thanks for the awesome pattern are we allowed to sell the finished product? Sorry of you had mentioned it and I missed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What size does this pattern make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hello the link that you have for the short is not bringing me to the shorts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, the link for the pants isn't working.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Has anyone tried making it a detachable tail? If so, any tips?

    ReplyDelete